1908 Yaupon Trl, Suite 102, Cedar Park, 78613
512-980-1000, 512-710-1000
512-528-5703, 512-528-5498

Do you need an ITIN?

To file your tax return electronically, the IRS requires your Social Security Number (SSN) or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each person(s) listed on your return. If you, your dependent(s) or spouse does not have a SSN, and is not eligible to receive a SSN, then you must obtain the ITIN.
This gives you additional credits and a better tax rate

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a nine-digit tax processing number issued to nonresident aliens by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Both resident and nonresident aliens may obtain ITINs regardless of immigration status.
The Individual Tax Identification Number, or ITIN, allows taxpayers who don’t have a Social Security Number (SSN) to file income tax returns

Do you need an ITIN? Here’s what will help you decide:

  • Nonresident aliens who are required to file a U.S  Tax return
  • Resident aliens who are required to file a U.S tax return due to the number of days they reside in the U.S.
  • A resident or a nonresident alien spouse who isn’t filing a U.S. federal tax return (including a joint return) but who can be claimed as a dependent on a U.S. tax return
  • Dependents or the spouse of a U.S. citizen or resident alien
  • Dependents or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder

We @Mathews CPA Inc are IRS acceptance agents who can file for your ITIN and you don’t have to go to the IRS Office.
Book an appointment with us today to file your ITIN.